Baghdad Women Association implemented 9 activities for IDPs, Host community women and girls within the project of Women, Peace and Security in the Arab States – Phase ll
Cash for work 25 , receiving small grants to establish their own business 13 , legal counselling 180 , PSS 155 , GBV &COVID-19 awareness sessions 300 , business skills 91 , 16 days activist campaign 52 , two meeting with women community leaders from women center and health center 27 , distributing of COVID-19 supplies .
Number of target women : 816 IDPs, Host community women and girls
- Business and vocational Upskillng for women and girls to establish their own business.
- Economic empowerment through giving small grants to them and provide job opportunities.
- Aware of her rights and ask for.
- Aware of GBV and how to preventing.
- Talk about her challenges and problem to stakeholders.
- Providing PSS.
Lessons learned: the importance of economic empowerment as the one of pillars to end the violence.
1. Women are aware of their rights and their knowledge of several topics such as gender-based violence, 16 days combating violence against women, in addition to her knowledge of the initial steps to start their own Business.
2. Women have their own businesses, independent and providing for their families.
3. women and girls access to centers that provide service to women.