Baghdad Women Association implemented Concluding Conference of the Advocacy campaign for policy reform,…
On November 22, 2014 at 10:00am and on the oil cultural center Hall Baghdad Women Association implemented Concluding Conference of the Advocacy campaign for policy reform, which aims to improve water service of 9 Nissan district) the conference was attended by a group of officials from the municipal council , the provincial council , Baghdad Services, activists from civil society and the media, the conference discussed in detail the problem of the scarcity of water in 9 Nissan District ,the role of the campaign to find the appropriate policies to solve this problem as well as the role of Baghdad Women Association in delivering the citizens’ complaints of this region to the responsible people, although the change was not a radical, but the citizens and officials Praised the role of the campaign and Association in raising this issue and seek to find solutions for them, as well as at the conference was the signing of the cooperation Charter (of cooperation between the responsible parties and civil society organizations represented by Baghdad Women Association and Society), the conference and came out with several recommendations, and they are:
• Controls on the subject of water services
• Follow-up and monitoring of the abuse on the main water pipe (Tiling floors coefficient and ice making) which uses a large amounts of water.
• Making campaign to repair the water pipes in the area in addition to allocate a budget to address this issue.
• Scaling water budget
• The Continues of civil society organizations cooperation with the citizens to stand on water problems, as well as improved monitoring of water conditions.
• Activating the role of the media.
• Import mini-stations (AZO) and distributed them to the unemployed
• Permanent cooperation with the executive bodies
• Increasing Field visits